Better than original equipment for the turbo Dodge enthusiast. This is a direct replacement for the original Chrysler 4140428 turbo starter solenoid heat shield that was discontinued by Chrysler. We have combined an amazing space age nano-technology ceramic insulating blanket that is a full 5/8" thick and that is heat rated to 2700*F and then we bonded the ceramic blanket to a custom made aluminum cover with a high temperature 1500*F adhesive and then included two stainless steel installation straps.
(Replaces Chrysler #4140 428, 4140428 SHIELD, Starter Heat)
This turbo starter heat shield covers the entire starter solenoid, the battery cable and the solenoid wire to protect them all from being cooked by the heat of the turbo charger or exhaust manifold. This heat shield is designed for both turbo and non-turbo applications and fits perfectly over both the NipponDenso as well as the Bosch starters.
- Protective insulation is nano-technology ceramic fiber 5/8" thick insulator
- Ceramic fiber insulation protects to 2700* F
- Custom molded commercial grade aluminum housing
- Covers the entire solenoid as well as the starter wires
- Includes stainless steel attachment hardware
- Fits both Bosch and reduction gear NiponDenso starters
- For use on turbo and non-turbo cars
- Protects much much better than factory heat shield