Every A525 transmission is carefully disassembled, inspected and rebuilt to factory specifications. The original shifting quality is restored using only quality bearings from Timkin, National, or Koyo (no China) and factory style seals and small parts. Your rebuilt transmission will shift and perform like new and will provide tens of thousands of miles of trouble free grind-free shifting with the proper oil fill and under normal and even occasional spirited driving use.
CLICK HERE TO READ THE CORE EXCHANGE POLICY
Each rebuilt transmission receives the following 12 point service:
- Transmission is completely disassembled and inspected for wear and broken parts
- Transmission case is professionally chemically cleaned
- All internal parts are cleaned and inspected for wear and damage
- Brass synchronizer rings are replaced as needed to insure smooth no-grind shifts
- All bearings are replaced with quality Timkin, Koyo or Mopar brand bearings
- All rubber seals are replaced
- All shift fork pads are replaced as required
- Trans is completely reassembled in a clean environment
- All bearing clearances and pre-loads are set to factory specs with a tolerance of not more than .0005”
PLEASE NOTE: The A525 is not known for extended durability under high output applications. However, with a little effort to avoid extended and frequent single tire burnouts and by avoiding heavy use of down-shifting, the life expectancy of the A525 can be extended. If you plan on regular racing your turbo Dodge or if you plan on building an engine over the 150 HP factory rating you might want to consider an upgrade to the A520, A555, or A523/A568 transmissions. We are happy to discuss the options with you. Feel free to use our contact us form to ask questions about your transmission options.