These are complete, genuine Mopar, factory style, direct fit replacement auxiliary/radiator fan assemblies for the 1986 and 1987 Shelby GLHS cars. This includes both the GLHS Omni from 1986 and the GLHS Shelby Charger from 1987. The fan assembly and it's electric motor are specifically for use on the Shelby GLHS cars and bolts directly in place as the original one does and using the standard swept blade plastic fan blade.
The complete restored fan assembly with shroud and blades can also be used on other turbo Dodge cars that were originally TII(T2) equipped with the smaller radiator and side mount intercooler. Using this style fan gives more serviceability and easier access to the front of the engine, especially the oil filter!
Advantages of this style fan shroud and swept blade design include:
- Substantially increased air flow for better engine cooling especially in traffic and with the AC on
- Increased airflow over the AC condensor will help your AC cool better so it can blow colder air on the hottest of days.
- Reduced noise, though the fan moves more CFM of air, it runs quiter than the metal blade fans(all styles).
- No additional current/AMP draw requirements, works with factory wiring and relays.
Comes with all new mounting hardware and fits in the original GLHS fan shroud position, no modifications and stock appearing. This low profile “pancake” fan motor gives you the needed clearance for a GLHS L-body application, or additional room for oil filter and distributor service on other turbo Dodge cars. The original fan motors have long since been NS1 from Mopar and were previously just not available at any price. Well...we cracked the code by scouring the Mopar parts bin and discovered Carroll’s secret parts cross-over!
The big advantage of this motor is that it is entirely contained within the fan shroud and does not protrude into the engine compartment. This leaves a lot more room for engine service, and makes servicing systems on the front of the engine a lot more convenient, especially changing your oil filter. No more removing the radiator fan to change the oil filter!
Choose to purchase just the electric motor or a complete restored original assembly
- Complete fan assemblies with motor, shroud and fan blades are completely restored to as close to ‘like-new’ appearance as possible. See pictures above for example.
- Direct fit 12 volt electric replacement fan unit
- Motor mounting hardware, all nuts and lock washers
- Fan blade mounting hardware
- Original style two pin electrical connector pre-wired
- The fan blade and shroud are NOT INCLUDED when you purchase just the motor
Once you have your old fan out of the car, installation should just take minutes. The factory style electrical connector is also included and pre-wired for you, it’s a plug-n-play installation.
NOTE: The original motor shaft used a spring clip to hold the fan blade on the shaft. This motor uses a bolt which is included in the kit. Installation is a snap and requires no special tools or modifications. A simple wrench or socket is the only tool needed to swap your original fan blade and fan shroud directly over.
THIS AUXILIARY FAN MOTOR REPLACES CARROLL SHELBY CS1125 AND MOPAR/CHRYSLER 4419993